Okay I know yesterday’s post about my curtain rod drama was such a
and you are waiting with great anticipation for my big solution to the problem!
(The problem being I needed a very large rod for a picture window to match the rods on two regular-sized windows. This is what the big window rod has looked like since I realized the rod I bought for it was a foot too short. Oops!)
Let me just tell you first that I don’t take any of this decorating of my home too seriously.
I certainly would if I did it as a job like a lot of you talented ladies, but when it comes to decorating my own house, I’m not losing sleep over a curtain rod, I can tell you that.
However, as with anything, there may be snafoos that pop up when you do a project, and I for one always enjoy hearing solutions to real life problems around the home.
This, my friends, is something I wish I had been doing for the past 14 years of home ownership! To think of how much I have spent on custom window treatments and extraordinarily expensive curtain rods makes me want to – you guessed it – bang my head against the wall. Oh how I would rather use that money to go to Hawaii.
So – you may have guessed it – my picture window is now outfitted with a rod made from
that cost all of one dollar and fifty-five cents to purchase!!!
First I trimmed the PVC pipe with a hacksaw – it was very easy to cut through. I pushed a wooden dowel into the ends as far as I could get it to go (the dowel was an exact fit for the pipe so it only went in 2-3 inches. If it was slightly smaller I had epoxy on hand to make sure it stayed in place.) When the dowel was securely inside the pipe, I cut the excess.
I drilled holes for the finials into the dowel, spraypainted the pipe with oil rubbed bronze paint (that can be used on plastic) to match the other rods in the room,